1. My KP Co-Worker's - First on the list is all of my friends at my summer job, I have had at Kennedy Memorial Park. Liz, Chauncey, Arthur, Pitts, Jamil, and Charles, you guys have made the past few summers working in the Village of Hempstead, something to look forward to every day. From the trip to Splish-Splash, to our sing-offs, to raising our 'kids' in the summer camp over the past few years. I wish these guys all the very best, and I know I will be seeing them all, very soon.
2. My Sacred Heart School Family - Without these girls and guys, I maybe wouldn't be the same, whether it be for better or for worse! My Class of 2011 was the second to last in that school, before it closed in 2012. We were the last great class bar none, and we sure did share a lot of laughs. I know I'll be seeing you all soon too, so that makes me extra thankful. I will always remember each and every one of you guys. Also the teachers that I had in that school were still some of my favorites. Especially Mrs. Platt, Mrs. Mott, Mrs. Pugliese, and Mrs. D'Alo.
3. My Kellenberg Classmates - Now without these guys, I know I wouldn't be anywhere close to who I am today. My friends were some of the closest people I've ever met, and it felt good seeing them all on Wednesday, for our little 'reunion'. We have shared a lot of laughs, and a lot of tears. Good luck, and God Bless you all in your future fields and endeavors.
4. My Kellenberg Teachers - My teachers in high school were some of the best around honestly. They made me want to come to school every day to love life. (It also had nothing to do with my four years of perfect attendance, and me having a fear of being lost in the work if I missed a day.) Teachers like Mr. and Mrs. York, Mr. Champney, Mrs. Strauss, Mr. Blanton, Mr. Frank, Mr. Marone, Mr. and Mrs. Dugal, Mr. Finn, Mrs. Harnisch, Mr. Cioffi, Mrs. Perrone, Mr. Sorkin, Mr. Tahany, Mr. Wevers, Mr. White, Mrs. Masiulis, Mr. Krug, Coach Alfalla, Coach Hannifan, Mr. A'Hearn, Mr. Murphy, Mrs. Arias, Mrs. Klimkowski, Fr. Tom, Fr. Albert, Bro. Kenneth, Bro. Roger, and Mr. Huggard, made four years of high school fly by. (I know I basically just named almost all of my teachers during my four years of high school. Shut up, these were top notch teachers we are talking about. They deserve the recognition.)
5. My Kellenberg Homeroom - These guys and girls that I sat with for four years, were some of the coolest and funniest people around. Eddie, Mark, Lauren, Khama, Paul, and Willy were some of the best friends you could ever ask for. Everyone in my homeroom was close, and our moderators were always awesome too. 9N, 10N, 11N, and 12N New Yorkers for Life!
6. My Kellenberg Squad - "Team, this is your Captain speaking!". I am talking about my Boys Varsity Bowling Team. I loved each and every one of these eleven guys that compromised this squad. We shared a lot of laughs, made a lot of people hate us, and rolled over the competition, (Sorry for the really lame pun!) Big thanks also to my coaches, Coach Cas, Coach Farrell, and Coach Frisina. I was so proud to be your Captain for our memorable year, and go bring home another championship back to the Birds Nest!
7. My Hofstra Family - I am so thankful this year for the wonderful group of friends that I have made in college. Two days after graduating from High School, I was a little nervous, and I got to meet and get to know some of the funniest, kind, and thoughtful people in the country. Our Group was the shit, plain English, and I always let them know that. So to Olivia, Veronica, Kate, Pamela, Ciera, Max, Erik, Maxwell, our moderator Daylen, and also to our extended group, Annie, Ava, Sarah, and Arielle, I am so honored that you let me into your lives. I will never be able thank you guys enough for that. (Also, just to annoy you, you probably will read these next set of words in my voice, talking, walking, ball, sauce, coffee, dog, New Yorker, and Long Island haha!)
8. My Outside of School Friends - I am thankful for my friends outside of school too. People like Danny, PJ, Merce, TJ, Robbie, Will, Brendan, and many others. You guys always make me laugh so much and I than you for that.
9. My Missing Loved Ones - I am thankful for the members of my family who are no longer with us. My grandfather, my grandmother, my Papa, and my Aunt Pam. I miss you all so very much, and I love you all so tenderly. Even though I can't say thank you face to face, I know that you hear me when I say it. Thanks for all that you have done for me and my family.
10. My Graham Cousins - I love my cousins Mack, Connor, Jamieson, Gianna, and Gavin, I am so thrilled that you are in my life. I love each and every one of you guys so much. Being the oldest one of us all, I have to be the leader, and I hope that I have led you guys to be great individuals, and to lead great lives.
11. My Graham Family - My sponteanous side of me, comes from my mothers side of the family. You guys never fail to make me laugh, and make me smile. I am so proud and honored to have my middle name be Graham. I love each and every one of you guys so much, you'll never know.
12. My Extended Sandas Family - My 'familia' as we call ourselves, is one of the greatest families that can ever be assembled. The list goes on, and on, and on about what my family means to me, but I'll keep it nice and short and sweet. You guys mean the world to me, and I am so honored to have Sandas be my last name, and be apart of this families great legacy. Thank you to all my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins as well.
13. My Nana - I am thankful for my 'Nana'. She is always an inspiration to me, at 89 years young! She continues to make me laugh, and cry, and live life to the fullest. I don't know what I would do without her loving and caring guidance. Thank you so very much!
14. My Sister - I am extremely thankful for my sister, Kellie. She has made me the proudest brother in the world for her. Her softball skills are second to none at her age, as she continues to shine, and again make me so proud to be her brother. She angers me sometimes, but it's all good. Show me a brother and sister that don't fight every now and then, and get back to me. I have fought people for her, and I would do anything for her.
15. My Father - My father has been one of the biggest lights of inspiration anyone could ever ask for. He is the greatest person that I know. His heart is the biggest it can be, and he makes me proud to say I'm his son. I've always been his 'partner', and I can't tell you guys how honored that makes me. I don't envy anyone else's father, I can tell you that as a fact. People should envy mine instead. He is the bravest person I know, and has made me into the man that I am today.
16. My Mother - I end with my mother being one of the people that I am most thankful for. She has always been in my corner from day one, and I know that she will continue to do so and be there for me. She has sacrificed a lot for me, to be where I am today. I am so eternally grateful to you ma, and there is no way on this planet that I will ever be able to repay you for what you have done for me.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of people that are in my life, that I didn't mention by name, or didn't mention at all in this passage, that I am still very thankful for. People in all of my classes in high school and college, other family members, other co-workers, and people all over the place. People like my WSC1 Class, and my Mass Media Class, and Group 2 in Disney, and my 6th Period History Class, and my 9th Period College Writing Class. The list goes on from there.
I also want to say I am thankful to wake up every day, and walk, and talk, and hear, and see. I am also thankful for the ability to write this blog every day, and I am also thankful for you, for reading it.
What are you thankful for? Are you more thankful for things, or for people?
Peace and Love,
Quotes of the Day: "Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding" - Alice Walker
"Take time to be thankful for everything that you have. You can always have more, but you can also have less." - Unknown